Lets you browse the Web securely while keeping all your browser’s functionality for active content
Sandboxie requires neither the disabling nor blocking of functions available to Web sites through the browser. Instead, Sandboxie isolates and quarantines the outcome of whatever the Web site may do to your computer, including the installation of unsolicited software.
There is no trade-off of functionality for security: the Web site can use the full range of active content tools, and if it uses these tools maliciously to install software or otherwise make changes in your computer, then these changes can be easily undone.
Sandboxie has originally been designed to increase the security of browsing with Internet Explorer, however it is just as effective with any other browser, and in fact, any other program. Sandboxie wraps a protection layer around the programs it supervises. It is this layer that intercepts and isolates any changes the programs make to the computer. And this layer is impartial to the specific program it wraps.
Sandboxie was designed as an application that will allow you to isolate and quarantine websites.
When you browse the web, changes occur to your computer system. Most of the time these changes are harmless, like recording the addresses of web sites you have visited (and when), so the browser can help you complete a web address that you type in. Whether these changes are harmless or harmful, they do in fact happen to your computer system.
When you use Sandboxie to protect your browsing session, it catches all these changes just as the browser is about to apply them into your computer system. Sandboxie does record these changes on behalf of the browser, but it records them in a special isolated folder, called the sandbox.
The benefit of having a sandbox is that it ensures your ability to get rid of all changes done by the browser, simply by deleting the sandbox folder.
Another useful feature of Sandboxie is the ability to terminate all sandboxed programs at once. As some web sites tend to pop up three new browser windows for each one you close, you can have Sandboxie close all of them with a click of a button.
· 30 days trial
What’s New in This Release:
· Several common dialog windows in Sandboxie Control windows can be minimized: Sandbox Settings, Delete Contents, Quick Recovery, Immediate Recovery, Messages from Sandboxie.
· Reduced flickering in the main Sandboxie Control view.
· Restored support for the Finnish and French languages.
Changes in Quick and Immediate Recovery:
· Multiple files can be selected for recovery in a Quick Recovery window.
· New button to select all files in Quick or Immediate Recovery.
· New “Yes to All” button can replace multiple files when recovering.
· Immediate Recovery can open the folder for the recovered file, or run the file directly.
· Recovery Log (in Sandboxie Control View menu) displays a log of recently recovered files.
The Messages from Sandboxie window can optionally adjust some settings:
· Turn off Drop Rights when message SBIE2219 appears.
· Permit programs to start (for message SBIE1308) or access the Internet (for message SBIE1307).
· Adjust File Migration limit when mess…