A complete groupware package that enables you to create powerful web applications
Simple Groupware is a complete groupware package written in PHP, SQL, CSS, HTML, XML and sgsML.
Unlike other groupware software, Simple Groupware contains the new programming language sgsML. Simple Groupware enables the quick creation of powerful web applications.
· Simple installation (only one form)
· Simple update (just copy the files)
· Simple usage (all modules share a consistent look & feel)
· Simple to adapt to your needs (see sgsML)
· But not simple in functionality
With Simple Groupware web applications:
· Can be created much faster
· Are easier to maintain
· Contain less errors
· Are easier to write
· Are much smaller in size
· Feature a consistent look
With Simple Groupware you can:
· Build powerful web applications in minutes
· Change web applications in seconds
· Decrease time for implementing and deploying
· Web applications by a factor 10, compared to the usual solutions
· Keep costs for maintenance and change
· Management to a new minimum
· A 100% web-based application (no special client applications or plugins required).
· A cross-platform client is available as an optional program to keep all data offline on workstations and mobile devices and make downloads/uploads easier
· Complete secure communication using SSL
· Easy and intuitive user interface
· One platform for managing, controlling and developing business processes
· Autonomy: Simple Groupware is fully driven with open technologies
· Individuality: All hierarchical organization structures and responsibilities can be represented and managed in the application
· Intelligent knowledge management: e.g. find everything faster using phonetic fulltext search algorithms and automatic file / content indexing
· Support for MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL
· Notifications: get notified by E-mail or RSS when assets are created, changed or deleted, get reminders for appointments, tasks, birthdays, etc.
· Multi-language support (your help is welcome to provide other translations)
· Unicode: Simple Groupware fully supports Unicode characters using UTF-8
· Mass edit for any subset of entries
· All information can be easily sorted and filtered by any custom criteria
· Automatic update management for database structures
· The portal module serves as a customizable overview page which can hold summaries of other folders, webpages or Google Widgets.
· The search module offers a globals search through all folders for all kinds of items.
· The calendar module offers day, week, month, year and Gantt views, recurring events, customizable categories, file attachments, etc.
· The task module automatically highlights late tasks and offers open, closed and calendar views including Gantt diagrams as well as file attachments.
· The IMAP, POP3 and SMTP modules turn Simple Groupware into an E-mail client for an unlimited number of accounts. E.g. mails can be efficiently shared by copying them from IMAP/POP3 to the database and back.
· The users and contacts module also offer calendar views for displaying birthdays and anniversaries.
· Simple Groupware includes support for the following languages: English, English (UK), German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Brazil/Portuguese, Czech, Hungarian and Russian
· Synchronization using SyncML (included in most newer phones from Motorola, Nokia and Sony Ericsson)
· Synchronization using free SyncML clients on Windows Mobile, Blackberry, Outlook, Palm, iPod, Thunderbird, Evolution
· Download restriction for bad file extensions (.exe, .com, .hta, .cpl, etc.)
· Integrated Denial of Service (DoS) protection
· User authentication and possibility to prohibit non-SSL requests
· Individual rights for every folder given to users and/or groups
· Special algorithms to protect against SQL injections
· Get a new system, convert or migrate all your data? No.
With Simple Groupware you can seamlessly integrate any existing infrastructure:
· Keep your mail-system using IMAP, POP3 and SMTP accounts (including SSL/TLS)
· Integrate appointments from iCalendar files
· Access your file-servers directly within Simple Groupware (e.g. Samba, Windows, NetApp)
· Integrate contacts from vCard files, Outlook, LDAP / Active Directory
· Integrate news using RSS feeds
· Integrate Firefox bookmarks
· Integrate data from CSV files using Simple Spreadsheet
· Integrate external services like Google Maps or Skype
· Keep your old system(s) and manage only one user database
· Authenticate using built-in methods of Apache (e.g. Basic, NTLM, etc.)
· Use NTLM (Single sign-on), LDAP, Active Directory, IMAP, POP3 and SMTP to authenticate users (including SSL/TLS)
· Others (like ODBC) can be added using the authentication api
· All kinds of documents can be managed centralized and secure
· Special text indexing algorithms and external converting tools offer automatically searching through office documents, PDF documents and media files (e.g. exif headers in images, id3 tags in mp3)
· Typical files from Open Office and Microsoft Office can be previewed in the web-browser (.pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .odt, .ods, .odp, .docx, .xlsx, .pptx, etc.)
· Typical images can be previewed in the web-browser (.tif, .bmp, .eps, etc.)
· All files can be automatically checked by a virus scanner (e.g. using BitDefender, McAfee, F-Prot, etc.)
· Files from existing file servers can be directly accessed (Samba, Windows, NetApp, etc.)
· Custom meta data can be saved along with all kinds of files on an existing file server
· Special handlers offer common file conversions (e.g. compressing, image manipulation)*
· Theme support: layout customization of colors, text styles, etc.
· Existing Modules can be expanded and fully customized using sgsML
· (simple groupware solutions Markup Language = XML-based language for defining web applications at lowest expenses)
· New Modules can be easily created using sgsML
· New handlers for indexing, converting and previewing can be easily added using the file-handler api.
· Personal and Global bookmark management
· Individual composing of small notes
· Add comments and extra files to your e-mails
· Private, public and team calendars
· Mark special assets with colors
· Manage resources like rooms, computers, beamers, etc. inside one application
· Administrate a complete IT-Support using the ticket-, resource- and inventory-system
· CPU: 1 GHz or more
· RAM: 512 MB or more
· Hard disk: 1 GB or more
· PHP: 4.3.2 and higher (5.x is also supported)
· Apache: 1.3.x or 2.x and higher
· Database: at least MySQL 4.1, PostgreSQL 8.1, Oracle 9.2
What’s New in This Release:
· A new module was implemented for console scripts.
· For super administrators, a customization bar was added to each page.
· The Italian translation was updated.
· An option was added to install extensions without an Internet connection.
· A fix was applied to changing customized fields.